Keeping a roof over your head: our Housing team
Everybody deserves to have a safe, reliable roof over their head, but unfortunately disputes with a housing association, landlord or even the benefits agency can seriously undermine the prospects of keeping your home.
Whether you lease or you rent, in the public, social or private sectors, should a dispute arise we will advise and represent you confidently and objectively – and in a way that where possible preserves relationships and puts your housing needs first.
With significant professional experience gained working with housing associations and other housing providers, our barristers are familiar with the issues that arise and how best to resolve them, through mediation, negotiation and where necessary through Tribunal or Court.
Here are some of the ways in which we can help you:
- Appealing against evictions or denial of access to rehousing
- Disputed eligibility for public housing
- Disputes over rent or service charges
- Claims for poor maintenance
- Action over Health & Safety issues
- Disputes over retained deposits or claims for property damage
- Complaints about noise disturbance and other nuisances