Handling issues with schools, colleges and education authorities
Through their extensive work with parents and educators, our Education team has gained a great deal of knowledge about the problems that arise in accessing education and resolving disputes.
Our barristers include former teachers and lecturers, local authority education specialists and professionals who have worked on School Exclusion Projects. Many are also parents with school or college age children.
They will be able to advise on whether or not you have a case, as well as on the laws and legal rights that apply to your situation. It may well be that informal negotiations will yield results, but if not, our team can represent in all the Courts and tribunals.
Accessing the best education and support for your children can be an emotive journey, but you can rely us for objective advice and first-rate representation.
Here are some of the fields in which we can help:
- Special educational needs, including appeals to the First Tier and Upper Tribunals and Court of Appeal;
- Pupil-related issues, such as admission to and exclusion from school, school attendance matters, school transport access and exam appeals;
- Disputes over private school fees;
- Issues of educational quality and resulting losses;
- Making complaints about education, including professional negligence and misconduct.