Our direct access service for personal clients
There are many reasons you might want to obtain legal help from a barrister; from dealing with a problem at work to settling a dispute with a school, neighbour or supplier.
Under the Direct Access Scheme, you may be able to consult us direct without having to pay a solicitor or other intermediary first.
Here are the main things with which we can assist you:
- Advice on a legal dispute or on how to plan and manage your legal affairs;
- Representation in Court, Tribunals and other proceedings;
- Drafting legal letters and official documentation for the Court.
We are a large, established barristers’ chambers and can almost certainly match you to a lawyer experienced in your type of case.
Our Direct Access teams cover the following areas:
- Problems with suppliers, from banks to builders;
- Disputes with schools, universities or local authorities;
- Issues at work, including unfair dismissal, discrimination and harassment
- Family finance matters
- Professional, regulatory and disciplinary matters
- Property matters, including planning, ownership and neighbours
- Your housing requirements and rights
Please be aware that Direct Access does require a little more input from you, when compared with using a solicitor. Read our Direct Access Guide to decide if the scheme is for you.