Employing people and the law
Employment law is constantly changing and there are many legal considerations when employing and managing people in your business.
The 42 Bedford Row Employment team is highly regarded in legal circles and many members are accredited to advise and represent businesses direct.
We can support your HR policy-making and act for you in disputes, employing mediation and negotiation where possible to cool situations and avoid damaging litigation.
Where litigation is unavoidable, our barristers have vast experience of conducting cases in the High Court, County Courts, Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal, acting for SME employers throughout England and Wales.
The team aims to become an extension of your own organisation. In many cases we can work under a fixed fee arrangement, freeing you, and us, to work collaboratively without budgeting for every minute.
Our collective experience spans many industries and all forms of employment. Here are some of the areas in which we can help you:-
- Disciplinary and grievance hearings
- Discrimination matters – including sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation and religion or belief
- Drafting of employment policies, contracts of employment and restrictive covenants
- Equal Pay advice
- Maternity and Paternity leave and flexible working leave advice
- Help with redundancy, TUPE and other employment protection issues
- Negotiating Settlement Agreements
- Defending against Unfair Dismissal and Wrongful Dismissal claims
- Whistleblowing rules advice
Please find information related to our Public Access fees for businesses here